A.L. King Roofing
60% reduction in vehicle downtime.
Fleet Size: 6
A.L. King Roofing is a well-established roofing contractor in the South West of England, with over 35 years’ experience in the roofing industry. A wealth of knowledge and expertise has been developed by the company over the years, with contracts and experience varying from accommodating small domestic improvements and extensions for homeowners, to large contracts with housing developers, shopping centres and schools.
A.L. King’s owned fleet of vehicles was ageing, resulting in increased running and maintenance costs. These ageing vehicles were also achieving low fuel efficiency which was proving costly for the business due to high fuel spend. In addition to the negative financial impact, the old and tired-looking vehicles were not helping the roofing company to deliver the right brand image to customers and prospects.
After looking at various options including purchase, hire purchase and leasing, it became apparent to A.L. King that flexible vehicle hire with Northgate Vehicle Hire was the best solution for their business needs.
- The business did not have much capital available, so the upfront deposits and overall investment that would have been required to lease or purchase six brand new vehicles would not have been an option. Requiring no cost or deposits upfront, flexible vehicle hire with Northgate was a solution that would deliver significant savings for A.L. King’s cash flow.
- Following a detailed analysis of full life running costs, the roofing company concluded that no other LCV supplier could compete with Northgate’s offering, which included service, maintenance and repair (SMR).
Since switching to flexible vehicle hire, all of A.L. King’s fleet was replaced with modern, fuel efficient vehicles. This changed the image of the company overnight, giving drivers pride in their new, liveried vehicles.
- Hiring from Northgate’s fuel efficient range of vehicles provided the business with considerable savings on fuel costs. The noticeable change in fuel economy was commented on by drivers in the first few weeks, with 15% being saved on fuel costs in the first seven months as a Northgate customer.
- A.L. King also experienced a significant reduction in its expenditure on SMR, with the new vans being considerably more reliable and the benefit of Northgate’s inclusive SMR feature.
- The roofing company noticed a reduction in downtime of around 60% after seven months, thanks to Northgate’s ability to provide a replacement vehicle when required. This reduction in downtime has increased A.L. King’s revenue by allowing the roofing company to complete more jobs with no interruption to their operations.