The Hampden Consultancy
The Hampden Consultancy, established in 1993, is the trading name of THC Consulting Engineers Limited and specialises in assisting clients in resolving technical and contractual problems with respect to mechanical & electrical engineering services that can (and often do!) occur on many construction projects, whether during the pre-contract or construction phases, or indeed post-contract.
Although ‘trouble-shooting’ and ‘problem-solving’ forms a core activity of The Hampden Consultancy, it is nonetheless our working knowledge of the total building design and construction process, including the contractual elements of building and engineering services contracts, that enables us to provide truly-independent technical advice and support to our clients, often working alongside both client-appointed design teams and on-site project teams.
In addition, we also undertake expert witness work in respect to building engineering services, i.e. mechanical & electrical engineering services.
In undertaking the expert witness role, The Hampden Consultancy has been retained directly either by the instructing client or by their legal representatives in respect to disputes between building owners/end-users and their professional design teams and/or contractors, or between contractors and sub-contractors.
These disputes often concern technical and/or contractual aspects related to mechanical & electrical engineering services, including issues concerning the maintenance of such installations.
In addition, we also deal with disputes relating to interim valuations and final accounts pertaining to mechanical & electrical engineering services.
The Hampden Consultancy
41 High Street
T: 01494 868868
F: 01494 866775
Products and Services
The following is an abbreviated list of our products and services related to mechanical & electrical engineering services:
- Condition surveys & site investigations
- Due diligence reports/technical appraisals
- Investigations & technical reports for insurance loss adjusters
- Feasibility studies and/or preparation of budget cost reports
- Design & specification of mechanical & electrical engineering services
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Design audits
- Contract management, including supervision of installation works and/or cost control
- Interim measurement & issue of certificates
- Progress reports on installation works, including undertaking ‘snagging’ activities
- Independent witnessing of testing & commissioning activities
- Examination & evaluation of final accounts
- Preparation of maintenance & facilities management contract documentation
- Undertaking ‘whole life cycle costings’
- Dispute resolution, including assistance in the preparation of claims
For a full list of products and services please visit our website