Dear Santa…Please use the door
Stop for a moment and consider one of the most important factors of Christmas – just how does Santa get into your home to deliver all your presents?
Rumour has it he uses the chimney, but here at Slimline Glazing we know different…
Christmas is just a breath away and if you’re anything like the rest of the nation, you are furiously putting plans in place to have the best day ever.
However, stop for a moment and consider one of the most important factors of Christmas – just how does Santa get into your home to deliver all your presents? Rumour has it he uses the chimney, but here at Slimline Glazing we know different. I mean, have you seen his girth recently! Too many mince pies have taken its toll, and fitting Father Christmas down the average chimney breast really pushes the imagination.
Of course, some of the more modern homes don’t even have a chimney. So just how does Santa enter your home then?
The truth – he uses the door.
Your door is one of the most important aspects of your home – not only does it allow welcome guests in, but also keeps unwanted visitors out.
For those nocturnal Christmas Eve visits, a well-cared for door that is easy to open helps make a busy Santa’s life a little bit less stressful…
Tips to keep your doors Santa-ready
Some simple maintenance on your door at the right time can go a long way to helping Santa out on Christmas Eve. Follow our top tips to ensure your door is in the best condition it can be, and help Santa on his way.
- Make sure all the hinges are in good working order, allowing your door to open easily. You don’t want to be woken in the early hours of Christmas morning by the sound of a squeaking door…
- If your door is glazed, clean it. It shows Santa you care…
- Give the frames a quick wipe-over. If they are aluminium or PVC, that may be all it needs to make them look their best. Wooden frames may need a rub down and a coat of varnish or paint to bring them back to Santa’s high standards – if that’s the case, you better get started now…
- Check the locks are in good working order and not weak in any way. Don’t worry about how Santa gets in – he has his own special key, but you don’t want any other visitors in the middle of the night!
- Add a few fairy lights around the outside – well, it is Christmas!
- If you need to replace your door, consider aluminium. There is virtually no maintenance so it will always be Santa-ready!
Your door is a big feature of your property; it can make or break the overall look of your house, and deserves a little TLC. Different types and materials will require varying levels of maintenance, so don’t leave it too late before Christmas to give yours the once-over.
Make Santa proud this Christmas and give him an entrance fit for a king!