Sector - Software & Technology
Charging infrastructure investment encouraged by government
7 Nov 19
The Transport Secretary, Grant Shapps, has recently taken it upon himself to write to local councils and urge them to utilise the funding which the Government has made available to them for the establishment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
These recent urges by the British Government following the announcement of the £400M Charging Infrastructure Investment Fund as well as the publication of a league table detailing the best performing local authorities for establishing charging infrastructure.
Said league table identified London as the best performing area in regard to electric vehicle charging points, with Glasgow, Manchester, Liverpool, and Milton Keynes likewise performing admirably.
Secretary Shapps stated: “Your postcode should play no part in how easy it is to use an electric car, and I am determined electric vehicles become the new normal for drivers.
“It is good news there are now more charging locations than petrol stations, but the clear gaps in provision are disappointing. I urge local councils to take advantage of all the government support on offer to help ensure drivers in their area don’t miss out.
“To help increase the provision of charging locations, the government is offering grants for the installation of chargepoints on the street, in work and at home. We are also offering grants to lower the upfront cost of these cars so everyone is able to experience the benefits.”
The Minister for the Future of Transport, George Freeman added: “Mapping chargepoints and producing a league table of availability by council area is intended to raise awareness.
“There are now more than 22,500 public chargepoints and at least one rapid charge point at over 95 per cent of all motorway services areas.
“To help level up the country, we have recently doubled the funding available for councils to build chargepoints on residential streets.”
If you would like to read more articles like this then please click here.
More Software & Technology News
- BAM Construction appointed to build Glasgow healthcare centre
18 Nov 19
The largest healthcare centre in Scotland will be built in Glasgow by BAM Construction.
- Project Etopia displays E-home in Namibia
13 Nov 19
Project Etopia has constructed a modular home in Windhoek, Namibia.
- Wates have been appointed to the new CCS £30Bn framework
12 Nov 19
Wates has been appointed the CCS 'Construction Works and Associated Services' Framework.
Sector Press Releases
- Quartix Wins Silver in Best in Biz Awards 2019 International
Quartix Vehicle Tracking won silver in Best in Biz Awards 2019 International.
- Improve your construction site internet experience
It’s a familiar scenario. Your construction project is starting but you’re waiting for fixed line internet installation which
- Comms365 Blog – in the News
As Christmas approaches and the end of 2018 is in sight we thought it would be a perfect
- Daisy Event – From Diggers to Digitisation
Join Daisy on 29th November at our roundtable event in London.
- Infographic – Four simple steps to construction site connectivity
- Solving construction site connectivity problems with portable high speed internet
Construction Project Managers, IT Directors and on-site employees will know how important a reliable on-site internet connection is
Sector Case Studies
- eInvoicing solution helps Osborne work smarter
Osborne automate the electronic receipt of invoices to its COINS system.
- WebContractor helps Osborne work smarter with subcontractors
Osborne is a large construction, civil engineering and property services business.
- Construction Site Internet Made Easy
There’s no question that a bonded internet solution is perfect for construction sites.
- The Business Case for Bonded Construction Site Internet
If you’ve heard of bonded internet, you’ll know how it can transform your construction site
- Tech Takeover: Construction Innovations Set to Give our Sites an Update
The pace picks up on new innovations as construction moves towards a technological overhaul.
- Clugston Case Study – Flexible managed connectivity delivers high performance IT and network services