Wilmott Dixon Lined Up for Rochdale Projects
Willmott Dixon is set to deliver £100 million of new projects to shape the future of Rochdale, including new jobs and further investment.
The construction company is set to continue its pivotal role in the regeneration of Rochdale, after being appointed on two transformative developments in the town centre.
Following the completion earlier this year of the Rochdale Riverside phase one, a new retail and leisure development, the company is now moving on to phase two, along with the Neighbourhood Rochdale development Willmott Dixon is also involved with.
The two schemes comprise of:
- Rochdale Riverside phase two – working with the council in partnership with Genr8 Developments, Willmott Dixon has a £2.7m enabling package to ready the site for construction work to start next spring to create 220 apartments, for affordable rent, as well as a hotel on land currently used as car parking off Baillie Street and John Street.
- Neighbourhood Rochdale – working as build partner with social impact developer CAPITAL&CENTRIC, Willmott Dixon will redevelop the former Central Retail Park, a brownfield plot less than a mile from the Rochdale Riverside site, into a thriving community that will include 200 spacious and low carbon homes as well as a linear park and community hub.
Both these projects will provide a £100 million inward investment boost for Rochdale which will create jobs, attract people to work and live, plus sustain economic growth and prosperity for many more years to come. This continues Willmott Dixon’s long track record in the borough, which has seen them deliver 200,000 sq ft of retail and leisure space in Rochdale Riverside Phase One.
Talking about Rochdale Riverside phase two, Council Leader Allen Brett said: “The delivery of high-quality new homes to serve our growing population and attract new residents is a vital part of our strategy to transform the borough, which has already seen the successful opening of a new shopping and leisure complex, the delivery of world class heritage projects like the reopening of the River Roch and much more. This new development will attract people who want to live in a thriving town centre with excellent shops, leisure facilities and transport links right on their doorstep. It will also bring an important brownfield site back into use and transform this key part of the town centre.”
Anthony Dillon, Managing Director for Willmott Dixon in the North, said: “We are proud to be appointed to these exciting projects, which continue our part in reinvigorating Rochdale. Both developments will be a blueprint for vital town centre regeneration across the UK; attracting inward investment into this community.
“Our purpose is to deliver brilliant buildings, transform lives, strengthen communities and enhance the environment so our town and cities are fit for future generations. Developments like Rochdale Riverside have already put the town on the map as a great place to live and work in. Phase Two and Neighbourhood will continue to blaze that trail for developments which leave a lasting positive legacy and stimulate the local economy.”
If you would like to read more like this, then please click here
- Construction Reforms Must Be Accelerated
5 Nov 21
Government and industry must work together to spur an improvement in construction buying habits if
- Sky is the Limit for Createmaster
3 Nov 21
Createmaster has won the contract to provide all handover information for Sky Studios Elstree, in
- On-Site Sustainability & Innovation Hub Revealed
2 Nov 21
Following on from the launch of the on-site Training Centre at Mercia Park, Winvic Construction