Polyethylene (PE) (or Equivalent Material Property) Manufactured Shims and Wedges – Short Deadline
Type of document: Contract Notice
Country: United Kingdom
1. Title: POLYETHYLENE (PE) (OR EQUIVALENT MATERIAL PROPERTY) MANUFACTURED SHIMS AND WEDGES – SHORT DEADLINE
2. Awarding Authority: ALIGN JV (Bouygues Travaux Publics, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine) , GB. Web: www.alignjv.co.uk
3. Contract type: Supply contract
4. Description: The manufacture and delivery of the polyethylene (of equivalent material property) Shims and Wedges required to assist in supporting the precast viaduct segments on site for the High Speed 2 Section C1 project.
The shim plates & wedges will be used to:
Build up the different heights and inclinations of the segments bottom slabs, on the support frames – stools at the on storage area,
Stabilize the precast segments on the steel storage frames (by Others) stools and transportation steel chairs (by Others) during the transport of the precast segments from storage area to erection point.
200 x 500mm (W x L) = 3,550no. (variety of 5, 10, 20 and 50mm thickness)
200 x 500mm (W x L) = 680no. (50mm thickness on short height, with variety of thickness on long height of 55 to 155mm)
200 x 1,000mm (W x L) = 245no. (50mm thickness on short height, with variety of thickness on long height of 55 to 260mm)
200 x 500mm shims and wedges to accommodate 1,000kN
200 x 1,000mm wedges to accommodate 1,850kN
5. CPV Code(s): 19520000
6. NUTS code(s): UKJ, UKJ1, UKJ13, UKI, UKG31
7. Main site or location of works, main place of delivery or main place of performance: Delivery point: C1 section_Denham
8. Reference attributed by awarding authority: Supply chain ID 40396-HS2 MWC-C1
9. Estimated value of requirement: Not provided.
10. CompeteFor response deadline 20.4.2021 (16:00:00).
11. Address to which they must be sent: Note: This is a CompeteFor opportunity. Opportunities may be with both public and private sector businesses. To apply, please click the following link to register on the CompeteFor portal Web:
12. Other information: Opportunity Method Contract Opportunity
Opportunity Status: Open
Opportunity Type: Public Sector
Notice Type Notice
Nature of Opportunity: Goods
Procedure type: Competitive Quotation
Estimated contract value (GBP) Not disclosed
About the buyer’s selection process:
The package will be competitively tendered and assessed against a split between commercial (price) and defined technical criteria.
About the buyer:
In July 2017, ALIGN (Bouygues Travaux Publics, Sir Robert McAlpine and Volker Fitzpatrick) won the significant C1 package of the UK High Speed 2 line (HS2). Lot C1 consists of 21.6km of high speed rail infrastructure in a rural environment. This will include a 3.37km viaduct, 15.75km twin-tubes tunnel and five vent shafts handling both piston effect and tunnel ventilation.
Estimated tender close date: 30/04/2021
Estimated contract award date: 10/05/2021
Estimated contract start date: 30/09/2021
Estimated contract end date: 31/12/2021
Is SME: Yes
Is VCO: No
Is framework agreement: No
- Algae Monitor – Exporting Opportunity
14 May 21
Industry Technology and smart cities, Environment, Water A tender has been issued for the purchase of a continuous algae monitor. You should be able to supply a a continuous algae monitor. The estimated value for the tender is approximately £161,000. The> >
- Supply, Installation and Commission of a New Generator Set at Henry Welcome Building and Relocation and Overhaul of the Existing Generator – Framework Agreement
14 May 21
Supply, Installation and Commission of a New Generator Set at the Specified Location and Relocation and Overhaul of the Existing Generator Reference number: CU.616.GHP The supply of a new 1,000 kVA generator and associated equipment/services to replace th> >
- United Kingdom-Newcastle: (NU/1667) Supply and Installation of a Foyer Double Sided Display for the National Innovation Centre for Data
14 May 21
A new £50m building scheme is now running and includes the National Innovation Centre for Data (NICD) and a range of external partners in one building located on the Newcastle Helix site As part of the NICD, we are creating a set of leading-edge visualiza> >