Sector - Software & Technology
New leisure centre developed in Chelmsford
4 Nov 19
The Chelmsford City Council have announced the completion of their largest community scheme investment in the form of the Riverside Leisure Centre, which was delivered in partnership with the property, construction, and infrastructure consultancy company Pick Everard.
The new leisure centre includes a variety of facilities such as a 25m swimming pool with ten lanes and a moveable floor, a toddler-friendly sensory splash zone, a fun pool with a flume, a 130-station gym, health and fitness studios, an Ofsted-registered creche, a soft play facility, fully accessible changing rooms, a spacious reception foyer, a café, a terrace overlooking the River Chelmer, and 80 bicycle spaces.
The previous leisure centre building has now been completely redeveloped to make it more cost and energy efficient, with the new building having recently received a BREEAM sustainability rating of ‘very good’.
The Director at Pick Everard, Keith Prendergast stated: “Riverside Leisure Centre represents Chelmsford City Council’s biggest ever single investment for a project for the community. It has created a real gateway to the city centre; and one which delivers real social value.”
“LED bulbs have been used throughout, which turn off automatically when they are not in use. They are also controlled by sensors to illuminate the complex depending on the daylight hours. The exterior is truly impressive in the evening, with sensitive blue lighting enhancing the dramatic frontage to this iconic building.”
An Associate at Pick Everard, Justin Ashworth added: “The design of the new Riverside Leisure Centre seamlessly connects the new building to the city centre and enhances the existing riverside walk – which is a one-and-a-half or two-and-a-half mile route along the River Chelmer.
“The spin studio looks out over the riverside walk and acts as an impressive canopy to the entrance. This is a really strong focal point.”
If you would like to read more articles like this then please click here.
More Software & Technology News
- BAM Construction appointed to build Glasgow healthcare centre
18 Nov 19
The largest healthcare centre in Scotland will be built in Glasgow by BAM Construction.
- Project Etopia displays E-home in Namibia
13 Nov 19
Project Etopia has constructed a modular home in Windhoek, Namibia.
- Wates have been appointed to the new CCS £30Bn framework
12 Nov 19
Wates has been appointed the CCS 'Construction Works and Associated Services' Framework.
Sector Press Releases
- Quartix Wins Silver in Best in Biz Awards 2019 International
Quartix Vehicle Tracking won silver in Best in Biz Awards 2019 International.
- Improve your construction site internet experience
It’s a familiar scenario. Your construction project is starting but you’re waiting for fixed line internet installation which
- Comms365 Blog – in the News
As Christmas approaches and the end of 2018 is in sight we thought it would be a perfect
- Daisy Event – From Diggers to Digitisation
Join Daisy on 29th November at our roundtable event in London.
- Infographic – Four simple steps to construction site connectivity
- Solving construction site connectivity problems with portable high speed internet
Construction Project Managers, IT Directors and on-site employees will know how important a reliable on-site internet connection is
Sector Case Studies
- eInvoicing solution helps Osborne work smarter
Osborne automate the electronic receipt of invoices to its COINS system.
- WebContractor helps Osborne work smarter with subcontractors
Osborne is a large construction, civil engineering and property services business.
- Construction Site Internet Made Easy
There’s no question that a bonded internet solution is perfect for construction sites.
- The Business Case for Bonded Construction Site Internet
If you’ve heard of bonded internet, you’ll know how it can transform your construction site
- Tech Takeover: Construction Innovations Set to Give our Sites an Update
The pace picks up on new innovations as construction moves towards a technological overhaul.
- Clugston Case Study – Flexible managed connectivity delivers high performance IT and network services